(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Sunday, July 17, 2016

board#112: shortboard for Tamsen



Dimensions: 5'6 x 21 1/8 x 2 3/8
[completed in November 2015]
Model Volute

The story: Tamsen heard about me from mouth to ear at my work place. My day work place. We met at the cafeteria and a board was born. Another Illumina board. (I have done so many surfboards for Illumina colleagues that it would be too much work to try to spit out a stat on that.)

The shape: Tamsen showed me  her favorite shapes from Lost Surfboards. I based my shape on her very top favorite (The Uber Plank model) with  that very special "squallow" (a swallow set in a squash) . But I also insisted to have the board she likes to ride (Bottom Feeder model) with me in the shaping room to get all the volumes and rails right.

The artwork: Tamsen has two lovely twin daughters which she pictured with her (as  the mother wolf) on the silhouette she sent me. The classy black pinline was performed by Global Glassing along with the glass.









6 comments:

  1. Surfing is really enjoyable Fun, but my dad says its little risky.
    he heard some bad luck story of surfboarders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of Australia's most trusted digital marketing agencies. Weekly updates, no contracts & 100% performance based. Get started with SEO Services.
    browse around here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Journey Family Lawyers Brisbane, Strathpine and North Lakes. Expert Family Law advice at a sensible price. Call and ask how we can help you in your divorce.
    Click To read More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family lawyers offer in-house expertise, advice and representation in all family law matters including divorce, property settlement
    My website

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Brisbane Family Law Services, a firm that focuses solely on family law and can assist with all of your family law requirements.Visit My Website

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have an approachable team of experienced family lawyers in Brisbane. When results matter, trust our proven record of success to get the right result for you.browse this site

    ReplyDelete