(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Sunday, December 11, 2016

board#122: shortboard for Paul



Dimensions: 6'6 x 20 3/4 2 11/16
[completed in January 2016]

The story: Paul is a board collector and obviously a Mere-Made board collector since this one is the 4th in his quiver! (see previous boards: board  #067, board #091,  and board #092).   The fun fact about this one is that Paul ordered it without knowing that it was already fully paid by one of his friend. Very cool friend!

The shape: The new board is actually an iteration of board#092 with a "compressed" version of the previous shape : i.e. shorter, wider, fuller, flatter for more versatility. However I kept the foiled rails which are Paul's favorite.

The artwork: Paul gave me two keywords for the artwork: "bright colors" and  "stripes". He could not make me happier (he knows I am a huge fan of stripes ;)). I made diagonal bright red stripes with matching rails. We call it the "peppermint board" .

Testimonial: last time I surfed with Paul, he told me: "since I surf your boards I am such a better surfer. Thank you for shaping me boards which improve my surfing." I almost cried.

I got to surf with Paul last month!
And look what he was riding !...




No comments:

Post a Comment