(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, February 11, 2017

board#125: egg for Maylane

Isn't she a beauty? I am talking about Maylane!!!

Dimensions: 6'6 x 21 5/8 x 2 5/8
[completed in September 2016] 
Vintage 17 model

The story: like her twin sister Laurane [see board#102], Maylane fully embraces her new californian lifestyle since her family moved to California two years ago. Therefore she really wants to give surfing a try. This board is her first non-foamy surfboard ! And I was so happy she picked me to shape her first real surfboard!

The shape: since Maylane has to get familiar to her new water activity, I decided to make her an easy to-paddle-in-the-wave board on which she can improve on for some time and also easy to carry under the arm. 

The artwork: It is Maylane's grand-father himself who created the digital artwork for especially for her. It features edelweiss' flowers which symbolize Switzerland (Maylane's country) intermingled with hibiscus found in SoCal. It was printed out on fiberglass by Boardlams to create that wrap-around-rail effect.






With her sister Laurane who got a board too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment