(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Saturday, October 7, 2017

board#131: shortboard for Laura

Laura and board#131

Dimensions: 6'5 x 21 3/4 x 2 3/4
[completed in June 2016]

The story: Laura is an active member of the Wahine Kai Surf Club in Huntington. This is how we met and how I shaped her a mini-malibu [board#118] few months before. I was so stoked she returned to me for a second board!

The shape: Laura came to me with her old shortboard which she loved. I copied the outline and modified a couple of dimensions to make her new one more adjusted to her improved surf skills. I also added my favorite deep single to double concave. I just love shaping shortboards!

The artwork: Laura pointed me towards a design I made for my team rider Nicole [board#098]. Same color scheme with wavy patterns. A nightmare to execute but very much worth it!

The testimonial: to hear what Laura has to say about her board, check out the video interview :)









No comments:

Post a Comment