(Photo: Laurent Chantegros)
I LOVE shaping surfboards and I'm kinda obsessed with this craft. Even though I am about to shape my 243th board I'm still considering myself as a novice but I hope to become a master one day... This blog is a virtual portfolio and a diary of my journey in the shaping world. Feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at valerie@meremadesurfboards.com.

Valerie Duprat
-Shaper of Mère-Made Surfboards

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

board#136: asymmetric shortboard for Vincent



v2.0 vs original

Dimensions: 5'4 x 18 5/8 x 1 15/16
[completed in July 2016]
Model Versatile-A

The story: v2.0 of the first asymmetric board I made for my husband Vincent (see board#100). He was so happy with the benefits of a slight asymmetry of his previous board that I was asked to reproduce it.

The shape: The idea is to build a board that would have different specifications on the toes/heel sides since the pressure applied is different (more power on the heels, more control on the toes). The toe side has the longest rail and pinched rails for optimized penetrance of the wave while carving a nice arc. The heel side is the shortest for smaller arc to quickly bring the board up to the lip.

The artwork: still using the concept of the shifted stripes which highlights the asymmetry.



comparing comparing. it better be the same!





No comments:

Post a Comment